GLENDORA, Calif. (November 10, 2018) – NHRA announced today that in 2019, the Pro Stock category will compete in 18 events in the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, which competitors believe is the “sweet spot” for the category.
“We think the new schedule will increase participation by relieving the economic burden and time commitment that comes with 24 events, which will ignite more intense competition. All of that should make for compelling action and drive fan interest,” said Josh Peterson, NHRA vice president of racing administration.
The NHRA Pro Stock class will compete at the following events:
NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Stock Schedule
- Feb. 7-10 Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals Pomona, Calif.
- Feb. 22-24 NHRA Arizona Nationals Phoenix
- March 14-17 Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals Gainesville, Fla.
- April 5-7 DENSO Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals Las Vegas
- May 17-19 Virginia NHRA Nationals Richmond, Va.
- May 30-June 2 Route 66 NHRA Nationals Chicago
- June 20-23 Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals Norwalk, Ohio
- July 19-21 Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals Denver
- July 26-28 NHRA Sonoma Nationals Sonoma, Calif.
- Aug. 2-4 NHRA Northwest Nationals Seattle
- Aug. 15-18 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals Brainerd, Minn.
- Aug. 28-Sept. 2 Chevrolet Performance U.S. Nationals Indianapolis
NHRA Mello Yello Countdown to the Championship
- Sept. 12-15 Dodge NHRA Nationals Reading, Pa.
- Sept. 27-29 AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals St. Louis
- Oct. 11-13 NHRA Carolina Nationals Charlotte, N.C.
- Oct. 17-20 AAA Texas NHRA Fall Nationals Dallas
- Oct. 31-Nov. 3 NHRA Nevada Nationals Las Vegas
- Nov. 14-17 Auto Club NHRA Finals Pomona, Calif.
Photos courtesy of NHRA
Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. NHRA presents 24 national events featuring the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and E3 Spark Plug NHRA Pro Mod Drag Racing Series. NHRA provides competition opportunities for drivers of all levels in the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers NHRA Jr. Street program for teens and the Summit Racing Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 5 to 17. In addition, NHRA owns and operates four racing facilities: Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; Gainesville Raceway in Florida; Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.