Akron, Ohio (February 9, 2019) – Summit Racing has gone full Pro Mod—the company is now the title sponsor of the Mid-West Pro Mod Series (MWPMS) for the 2019 race season. The sponsorship is an extension of the relationship that began when Summit Racing became the primary sponsor for MWPMS series founder Keith Haney’s CAR at three NHRA Pro Mod events in 2018.
“We’re very excited to continue our partnership with Keith Haney Racing and for the opportunity to step up to the title sponsorship of the Mid-West Pro Mod Series,” said Jim Greenleaf, Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports and Event Manager. “We look forward to an exciting 2019 season with Keith and his series. He’ll make sure they all ‘Know Our Name!’ ”
“It is huge to be able to bring Summit Racing Equipment to MWPMS racers,” said Haney. “The Mid-West Pro Mod Series means so much to me because it truly is for the racers, and Summit Racing has been a part of drag racing for fifty years. Summit Racing provides a great place for our racers to get the parts they need quickly, and we look forward to having them on board.”
As if fire-breathing Pro Mods weren’t enough, MWPMS also features the current darlings of drag racing, ‘outlaw’ Radial vs. the World (RVW) and X275 Radial. New for 2019 is Top Sportsman and Top Dragster competition. All classes run the eighth-mile.MWPMS will run nine events in 2019, beginning in March. The races will be streamed live online by our friends at Bangshift.com:
- March 8-9: Texas Motorplex, Dallas, TX
- April 12-13: Beech Bend Raceway, Bowling Green, KY (no Top Sportsman or Top Dragster)
- April 26-27: Gateway Motorsports Park, St. Louis, MO
- May 10-11: Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, OK
- July 5-6: Xtreme Raceway Park, Ferris, TX
- August 2-3: Gateway Motorsports Park, St. Louis, MO
- September 2-3: Memphis International Raceway, Memphis, TN
- October 11-12: Tulsa Raceway Park, Tulsa, OK
- November 7-9: Texas Motorplex, Ennis, TX
Visit Midwestpromodseries.com for complete details on race classes, event schedule, and ticket information. It’ll be bananas–the good kind.
Summit Racing Equipment