CHARLOTTE, N.C. (December 20, 2019) – FOX Sports and NHRA today announce the release of the 2020 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series television schedule, highlighted by live FOX broadcast network coverage of four consecutive summer events, including the “Western Swing” (Denver, Sonoma and Seattle), as well as the iconic U.S. Nationals from Indianapolis on Labor Day Weekend.
The 24-event 2020 FOX NHRA season opens Sunday, Feb. 9, with the 60th Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals live from Pomona, Calif., at 5:00 PM ET on FS1. Fifteen of the season’s final 16 events are scheduled to air live, including the season finale Auto Club NHRA Finals from Pomona.
The 2020 season also marks the 50th anniversary of the NHRA Pro Stock Division.
“The 2020 season really gives us a magical opportunity to revel in the history of NHRA Pro Stock drag racing,” said FOX NHRA play-by-play announcer Brian Lohnes. “This class, that kind of burst its way out of the Sportsman ranks, has captivated fans with razor-thin margins of victory since the 1970 NHRA Winternationals. We’re going to have a load of fun celebrating the history of Pro Stock in 2020 and honoring the legends who built the class from the ground up.”
Lohnes and two-time NHRA Funny Car champion Tony Pedregon return to the booth for the FOX NHRA broadcast team, with reporting from two-time NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series national champion Bruno Massel, Amanda Busick, Jamie Howe, Lewis Bloom and John Kernan.
FOX Sports and NHRA also are scheduling 16 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series broadcasts, and 12 E3 Spark Plugs Pro Mod Drag Racing Series broadcasts across FOX Sports networks.
NHRA races will appear in Canada and the Caribbean through FOX Sports Racing, as well as through the FOX Sports app.2020 FOX NHRA TV Schedule
- Lucas Oil NHRA Winternationals, Pomona, Calif. – Feb. 9, 5:00 PM ET – FS1
- Magic Dry Organic Absorbent NHRA Arizona Nationals, Phoenix – Feb. 23, 9:00 PM ET – FS1
- AMALIE Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, Gainesville, Fla. – March 15, 9:30 PM ET – FS1
- DENSO Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, Las Vegas – April 5, 9:00 PM ET – FS1
- Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals, Houston – April 19, 8:30 PM ET – FS1
- NGK Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals, Charlotte, N.C. – April 26, 6:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta – May 17, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- Virginia NHRA Nationals, Richmond, Va. – May 31, 5:30 PM ET – FS1
- Menards NHRA Heartland Nationals, Topeka, Kan. – June 14, 6:30 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, Bristol, Tenn. – June 21, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- Summit Racing Equipment NHRA Nationals, Norwalk, Ohio – June 28, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- Route 66 NHRA Nationals, Chicago – July 12, 3:00 PM ET – FOX
- Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals, Denver – July 19, 4:00 PM ET – FOX
- NHRA Sonoma Nationals, Sonoma, Calif. – July 26, 4:00 PM ET – FOX
- Magic Dry NHRA Northwest Nationals, Seattle – Aug. 2, 4:00 PM ET – FOX
- Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals, Brainerd, Minn. – Aug. 16, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA New England Nationals, Epping, N.H. – Aug. 23, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA U.S. Nationals, Indianapolis – Sept. 7, 11:00 AM ET – FS1
NHRA U.S. Nationals, Indianapolis – Sept. 7, 1:00 PM ET – FOX
NHRA Mello Yello Countdown to the Championship Schedule (times subject to change):
- Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals, Reading, Pa. – Sept. 20, 1:00 PM ET – FS1
- NHRA Carolina Nationals, Charlotte, N.C. – Sept. 27, 2:00 PM ET – FS1
- AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals, St. Louis – Oct. 4, 7:00 PM ET – FS1
- AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals, Dallas – Oct. 18, 2:00 PM ET – FS2
- Dodge NHRA Nationals, Las Vegas – Nov. 1, 4:00 PM ET – FS1
- Auto Club NHRA Finals, Pomona, Calif. – Nov. 15, 4:00 PM ET – FS1
About FOX Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network, a licensing and commercial relationship with The Stars Group that created the FOX Bet sports betting platform and the FOX Sports Super 6 free-to-play game, and a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.
Photos courtesy of NHRA
Headquartered in Glendora, Calif., NHRA is the primary sanctioning body for the sport of drag racing in the United States. NHRA presents 24 national events featuring the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series, NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series and E3 Spark NHRA Plugs Pro Mod Drag Racing Series presented by J&A Service. NHRA provides competition opportunities for drivers of all levels in the NHRA Summit Racing Series and the NHRA Drags: Street Legal Style presented by AAA. NHRA also offers NHRA Jr. Street program for teens and the Summit Racing Jr. Drag Racing League for youth ages 5 to 17. NHRA’s Youth and Education Services (YES) Program reaches over 30,000 students annually to ignite their interest in automotive and racing related careers. In addition, NHRA owns and operates four racing facilities: Atlanta Dragway in Georgia; Gainesville Raceway in Florida; Lucas Oil Raceway at Indianapolis; and Auto Club Raceway at Pomona in Southern California. For more information, log on to www.NHRA.com, or visit the official NHRA pages on Facebook, YouTube & Twitter.